A day ago, word was that Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man will no longer be filming at Pinewood Studios in London, even though Marvel has shot their other films, which include Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor: The Dark World, and they just wrapped up the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanks to tax breaks, the UK has become the international go to place for major Hollywood productions in recent months.
Wright told ScreenDaily the following about the production:
“Ironically, Ant-Man was meant to shoot in London but London is full because I guess that Pinewood extension got turned down.”
Saying that left it unclear where production on the film might be going. All that was known is that there is no room for Ant-Man at Pinewood Studios UK thanks to Star Wars: Episode VII and the next James Bond film…no problem.
According to my close Marvel source Ant-Man will be filmed at Pinewood Studios in Fayetteville, GA.
Pinewood Atlanta is a full service film and entertainment studio complex comprised of five sound stages on 288 acres in Fayetteville, Georgia USA, just south of Atlanta.
Construction is in progress and will open in 2014.
Georgia has been a hot spot lately for some big Hollywood films.
• Georgia is one of the top 5 production destinations in the country
• Film, television and digital entertainment tax credits of up to 30%
• Large and experienced crew base and production resources
• Wide variety of landscapes and locations with largely permit-free shooting policies
• 333 productions shot in the state in 2012
• Recent films shot in Georgia include 42, Catching Fire, Flight, Trouble With The Curve, Lawless, Parental Guidance, Madea’s Witness Protection, Footloose (2012), Joyful Noise, Wanderlust, What To Expect When You’re Expecting, American Reunion, The Three Stooges, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Fast 5, and X-Men: First Class.
• A record number of television series are shooting in the state, including The Walking Dead, Single Ladies, Auction Kings, Necessary Roughness, Vampire Diaries, and Drop Dead Diva.
Ant-Man is about biochemist Dr. Hank Pym using his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.
Film is written by Wright and Joe Cornish.
Ant-Man is set to hit theaters on July 31, 2015.