Bill “Jett” Ramey, from Batman-on-Film has updated the site’s mailbag with a series of answers to questions related to Batman vs Superman. BoF has been a reliable source of Bat-related news before, and Jett claims to have some insider intel. He, of course, wisely disclaims the following nuggets by saying that they’re “based on inside information, industry scuttlebutt, and my opinion. Nothing should be taken as confirmed news unless explicitly stated as such,” so let’s keep that in mind as we dive in to what the man’s got to say:
- Martian Manhunter and Aquaman will not appear in the film.
- He thinks we’re going to see the first official still of Affleck in costume really soon.
- Superman/Clark Kent will unequivocally be the main character of Batman vs Superman, meaning this will not be some covert Justice League movie.
- Lex Luthor will be in the movie, but he will not be the only villain. Jett refuses to reveal the second one, only stating that this other character is highly rumored to be in the film. Might this mean Doomsday?
- On the size of Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) part in the film, he theorizes it’s going to be something akin to Black Widow (Scarlett Johannson) in Iron Man 2. He also speculates that she, and the island of Amazons from which she comes, will be descendants of the Kryptonians that landed on earth centuries ago to survey the planet.
- There won’t be any Bat-villains in BvS.
- The script’s characterization of Batman seems to be derived from Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond, with a bit of Kingdom Come.
- Throughout his answers, he makes several references to “bat armor.”
On a side note, he gave us a nice shout-out in the mailbag, saying we can be considered a scoop site that’s “run with class and integrity.” I’ll take that. For a more detailed look at his musings on Batman, and to read the full mailbag, just click on our source below.
I know there wasn’t a lot of news here, but I thought you might appreciate hearing some confirmations and denials from someone who seems to have an inside track on the production.
Batman vs Superman comes out next year on July 17, 2015.