I figure after many Marvelous Da7e columns where I talk about the importance of discussion and fandom (and how we should really take everything with a grain of salt until we see it – or unless the person reporting holds the salt), I should dip my little toe into the wading pool of Batman Vs. Superman rumors.
I’ve been in contact with Portland entertainment and geek personality Bobby Roberts who alerted me to a post on a message board for “a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers” called NeoGaf. Neogaf is not the sort of place movie news regularly breaks, but it does have insight into the world of gaming and design…you know: it’s a passionate community for that slice of the entertainment industry.
However, this morning, a post from user James Woods popped up:
And under those black lines are some major spoilers for Batman Vs. Superman, if they are true.
The poster even closes by saying: “My source is someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned (apparently a bunch of them were fired). I confirm nothing. Just passing along what I heard. Take it with the proper amount of salt.”
So I got on the internet and sent a few e-mails. I can’t find the group or grouping of people working for Warner Bros or Syncopy Films that has been “shitcanned.” What I do know is that some union contracts allow workers on a production like Batman Vs. Superman to cease working on the project if it doesn’t meet a certain trigger date and moving the film to 2016 has opened that window.
Overall, I can’t confirm that there was anyone fired, but I can confirm some people have moved on.
And before we get to the meat, let me remind you that one of those things that moved on might very well be the draft of the script the below rumors are from. If they’re from anywhere.
What Bobby found lines up with some of the stuff I’ve heard, and we have this whole new “Rumor” category on the site that I should really stand up for.
WARNING – Intense possible SPOILing OR just some fun bullsh*t going down:
Let’s have some fun, shall we?
- The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo
- Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
- Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
- Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
- Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
- Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
- The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
- Lois is investigating Lex.
- Metallo “kills” Clark
- The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
- At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
Let’s all remember this is fun.
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!